It seems small but there are big benefits of ELearning on our environment.
- No Commute Expense – No Vehicle – No Pollution
- No Transportation – No Energy Wastage
- No Money Exchange While Commutation – No Tree Cutting For Making Hard Money.
- No Traditional Classes – No Vocal Lectures – No Sound Energy Created.
- No Classroom-Based Learning – No Use Of Paper-Based Assessments, Exams, Printing Outs, Etc..
Benefits of ElearningIf done correctly, elearning offers numerous benefits compared to instructor led training (ILT). We've summarzied the top 10 advantages of modern* elearning (*not your old school powerpoint slides).
- Measurable data Elearning provides measurable data tracked in real-time throughout each phase of learning. This data can be used to improve your learning strategy, measure the impact on a business objective for quantifiable ROI and identify areas for supplementary learning, development and coaching.
- Standardize experience Elearning ensures the quality of your learning experiences across all sessions by reducing the variability of delivery. A facilitator’s personality, mood, subject matter experience, and other various factors are challenging to control and manage in live environments.
- Personalized learning Each person is unique, and elearning allows us to cater to individual learning needs. Elearning tailors learning experiences for individuals via self-directed learning (allowing learners to move at their own pace). It also provides the ability to use branching scenarios and additional supports based on user confidence levels.
- On demand access, available anywhere and anytimeAccess to elearning is available on the job and on the go. It provides the learner real-time access to review learning on their own, when and where they need to. In a live environment the learning experience is finite, leaving the learner to rely on memory or support materials.
- Freedom to fail Elearning provides an unintimidating and safe learning environment with low-affect assessments. It removes the fear of asking questions, and reduces anxiety about assessments often faced by learners in a traditional classroom.
- Quick delivery cycle time Elearning reduces roll-out time by removing many practical limitations of ILT such as trainers, location and scheduling conflicts. British Telecom delivered e-business training to 23K employees in three months, at a cost of 5.9 Million pounds, compared to 17.8 Million and a five-year time span for classroom training .
- Cost-effective and scalable delivery Relieve the pain of coordination, costs of materials and difficulty scaling your training. With elearning you improve your ROI every time it is used, while decreasing costs of materials, travel and logistics.
- Optimized global offering Ability to cost-effectively translate and localize content for different cultures based on language and regional guidelines and regulations.
- Enhances and supports ILT Through a flipped model or blended approach, elearning can create a consistent baseline knowledge for all learners through pre-work or work done on a learner’s own time outside in-class lessons. Elearning can also maximize time spent in ILT to focus on practice, simulations, role plays and other live exercises.
- Digital Medium Since 1995 there has been a drastic increase in Internet users, growing from 35 million users to around 2.8 billion users in 2015. The growing trend for digital information consumption illustrates how people prefer to go online for information. Elearning is the future of learning.